~ Books ~
- Search -
~ Bible ~
A Voice in the Wilderness
A Voice in the
--Hymns, Gospel Songs, Spiritual-Scripture Songs
"Come before His presence with joyful voice...into His
courts with praise...let us prostrate ourselves and bow down; Let us kneel before Jehovah
our Maker, for He is our God." - Ps100:2,4;95:6-7
"But may it never be that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
"Near the Cross"
Jesus, keep me near the cross, There a precious fountain
Free to all, a healing stream, flows from Calv'ry's mountain
In the cross, in the cross be my glory ever,
Till my raptured soul shall find Rest, beyond the river
by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world"
- Gal 6:14
[Songs Index] -
[System Requirements] -
This "Song Book" is offered for individuals and small fellowships
as an aid in worship.
Songs offered here are carefully
selected, which are 1) Scripturally doctrinally sound, and 2) which
are musically, Spiritually edifying.
- Private worship individually
- As accompaniment for singing in small home fellowships
- Through your computer speakers
- Via midi interface into a keyboard or other midi sound generator
- Plug the output into your stereo
- Video-out to TV for group viewing
Note: With so many different sound cards on the market and their various levels of quality, the "voice" you
hear may sound "strange". For optimal results, a sound card of reasonable quality should be used. It is not necessary to pay big bucks for a good sound card if you avoid the ones specialized for use with computer games. The best (most 'realistic') sound I've heard was from a (cheap) $29.95 card with "Yamaha" sound chips and wave tables; nearly identical to the Yamaha midi device connected to my electronic piano, succeeding admirably in replicating "real" instrumental sounds.
- Midi-compatible sound card, drivers and speakers (or)
- Midi interface to an external keyboard or midi sound generating
- Midi-compatible browser with Active-X (Note: it is possible that your Media
Player can play midi files (e.g. "Canyon.mid"), but not your browser.
The newer Netscape and I-Explorer browsers are midi-compatible. The songbook works perfectly with Firefox 2.0 & 3.0. Opera is compatible up through version 8.00. However, for some reason versions 9.?? will play the files, but will not display the Play/Stop/Pause button console; and if you click on the "midi" links, they will play, as though in the 'background', but Media Player does not appear. I've submitted 'bug' reports to Opera, but they never fix it. If you happen to have found a solution, please let me know.
The instruments assigned to these song files are variously: piano, organ or accordion. You might get an idea of the nature of your sound card from the sound you are hearing from the background music at this screen. If your sound card is good, it should sound like a 'real' grand piano. If it sounds choppy (sustain pedal not sustaining), has a wobbly vibrato and/or has other organ/synthesizer sounds mixed in with a 'wheezy' sounding piano, your card is not optimal. Should you upgrade to something better? That is totally up to your musical tastes, ear and budget. Some sound chips have upgradable wave tables, others don't. You would need to check your manual, or look online for your manufacturer brand's download site.
Download - [songbook.exe]
November 27, 2003
These download files provide PC users the ability to have the Song Book
interface, as you are using it "on-line" right now, on your own
Installation/Update Instructions: Important! Please read before installing!
- Download "songbook.exe"
- Move "songbook.exe" to a temporary folder/directory
- Run "songbook.exe" (specify destination/drive)
(make sure "recreate subdirectories" is checked)
- With the destination you specified: the Songbook should now be in
- Point your browser ("open file") to - "destination\vw-songs\songbook\index.htm"
- If your operating system won't 'run' songbook.exe treat "songbook.exe" as if it were "songbook.zip" and use a third party unzipping utiliy, like pkware, etc. and unzip it.