So Send I You
Play after last verse
- So send I you to labor unrewarded
To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown
To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing
So send I you to toil for Me alone.
- So send I you to bind the bruised and broken
O'er wand'ring souls to work, to weep, to wake
To bear the burdens of a world a-weary
So send I you to suffer for My sake
- So send I you to loneliness and longing
With heart a-hung'ring for the loved and known
Forsaking home and kindred, friend and dear one
So send I you to know my love alone
- So send I you to leave your life's ambition
To die to dear desire, self-will resign
To labor long and love where men revile you
So send I you to lose your life in Mine.
- So send I you to hearts made hard by hatred
To eyes made blind because they will not see
To spend - tho it be blood - to spend and spare not
So send I you to taste of Calvary
"As the Father hath sent me, so send I you."