Deeper and Deeper
- Into the heart of Jesus deeper and deeper I go
Seeking to know the reason why He should love me so
Why He should stoop to lift me up from the miry clay
Saving my soul, making me whole, tho I had wandered away.
- Into the will of Jesus deeper and deeper I go
Praying for grace to follow, Seeking His way to know;
Bowing in full surrender low at His blessed feet,
Bidding Him take, break me and make, till I am molded and meet.
- Into the cross of Jesus deeper and deeper I go,
Following thru the garden, facing the dreaded foe;
Drinking the cup of sorrow - sobbing with broken heart
"O Savior, help! dear Savior, help! Grace for my weakness impart."
- Into the joy of Jesus deeper and deeper I go
Rising, with soul enraptured, far from the world below;
Joy in the place of sorrow, peace in the midst of pain,
Jesus will give, Jesus will give - He will uphold and sustain.
- Into the love of Jesus deeper and deeper I go,
Praising the One who brought me out of my sin and woe;
And thru eternal ages gratefully I shall sing,
"O how He loved! O how He love! Jesus, my Lord and my King!"