The Strife Is O'er
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
- The strife is o'er, the battle done;
The victory of life is won;
The song of triumph has begun,
- The powers of death have done their worst,
But Christ their legions hath dispersed;
Let shouts of holy joy outburst,
- The three sad days have quickly sped;
He rises glorious from the dead;
All glory to our risen Head!
- He closed the yawning gates of hell;
The bars from heaven's high portals fell;
Let hymns of praise His triumphs tell.
- Lord, by the stripes which wounded Thee,
From death's dread sting Thy servants free,
That we may live and sing to Thee.