Opened for Me
- There is a Fountain opened for my cleansing,
Where sin's atonement by my Lord was made;
He was the Lamb that was led to the slaughter,
His blood the fountain where my debt was paid.
- There is a Rock that stands, by storms unshaken
Redemption's Author the foundation laid;
By faith my stand on His righteousness I've taken,
He will not fail- I shall not be dismayed.
- There is a Book that points the path to glory,
Eternal guidepost for the wayward soul;
On its fair pages is told the wondrous story
Of life in Christ, the everlasting goal.
- There is a Hope, a wondrous consolation,
In a benighted world a constant star;
These eyes now dulled by the shadows that surround me
My Savior shall behold in realms afar.
- There is a Home my Savior is preparing
I may not need to cross death's sullen vale;
Soon from earth's bondage His coming will release me
To live where joys eternal shall prevail.
Opened for me, opened for me, the
Precious, cleansing Fount was opened there for me.