Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee
- Jesus, the very thought of Thee
With sweetness fills my breast
But sweeter far Thy face to see
And in Thy presence rest.
- Nor voice can sing, nor heart can frame
Nor can the mem'ry find
A sweeter sound than Thy blest name,
O Savior of mankind.
- O hope of ev'ry contrite heart
O joy of all the meek
To those who fall how kind Thou art!
How good to those who seek!
- But what to those who find? Ah, this
Nor tongue nor pen can show-
The love of Jesus, what it is,
None but His loved ones know.
- Jesus, our only joy be Thou,
As Thou our prize wilt be;
Jesus, be Thou our glory now
And thru eternity