Our Great Savior:
- Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me
He, my Savior, makes me whole.
- Jesus! what a Strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him;
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my vict'ry wins.
- Jesus! what a Help in sorrow!
While the billows o'er me roll;
Even when my heart is breaking
He, my Comfort, helps my soul
- Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper!
While the tempest still is high;
Storms about me, night o'er-takes me
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.
- Jesus! I do no receive Him
More than all in Him I find;
He hath granted me forgiveness
I am His, and He is mine.
Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.