A Voice in the
Wilderness

site navigation

free newsletter

October 27, 1997

[Return] to: "Q/A"

Q/A Topics:
What is: "A Voice in the Wilderness?"

Q.
Could you please tell me what is 'A Voice in the Wilderness'?

A.
When Jesus came the first time, 2000 years ago, His coming was introduced by John the Baptist, who fulfilled a prophecy in Isaiah, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: prepare the way of the LORD, make His paths straight." (Isa40:3,Mt3:3) John preached and baptized, that people should repent. And when Jesus came around, he announced, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29)

Today, due to the great apostasy, the spiritual landscape is much like a wilderness. The ministry of "A Voice in the Wilderness" is to present God's Truth, from His Word, the Holy Scriptures. Pointing out the false teaching/prophets, proclaiming God's Truth...with the view..

  1. to making Christians aware just how close is Christ's second coming, and to be prepared with lamps trimmed bright;

  2. to encourage those who will, to come to God in repentance;

  3. and for those who refuse, to have made it for them so they are without excuse when they stand before God in judgment. (Rom1:20, Ezek33:9, Rev22:11)
In a nutshell, that's it.

[Top]


Quotes:

1)
A Scottish shepherd was once asked if his sheep would follow the voice of a stranger. He replied: "Yes, when they are sick, but never when they are well. A sick sheep will follow anybody." No wonder false shepherds get quite a following in these Laodicean days!

2)
Sticks and stones are thrown only at fruit-bearing trees.....

[Top]


TBN:

Comment:
As far as TBN goes, I think that they(Paul, Jan etc.) have gone right off the deep end. Aside from the fact that Jan has been wearing nothing but black clothing all summer at the Trinity Music Hall events, the doctrines they have been promoting lately, has sent me reeling. A few nights ago, I watched the Praise program. The guest, Mark Chironna, was defending the so called revival at Toronto, Pensacola and TBN. After repeatedly saying that it was a move from God, he turned around and said "And even if it ain't, at least something is happening." I couldn't believe my ears. From what I heard about Toronto, I wouldn't set foot in the place. And it's only an hour drive from here. Unfortunately, here in Canada we're not allowed a Christian TV station; so it's a shame that TBN( the only network that we can pick up by antenna) has gone sour. I guess it is a sign of the times.

A.
"And even if it ain't, at least SOMETHING is happening"

Yes..."something" is certainly happening! And, from his own mouth, it is obvious that the "something" is not of God. God is either 100% or not at all.

Some TB leaders have been quoted as claiming that they feel that at least "70%" of what goes on is of the Holy Spirit. Well, if that's true, that leaves 30% that's of Satan.

"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." (~Mt 12:33-37)

"No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other...." (Lk16:13)

Listen up! ...you who still are deluded...thinking there is a "lot of good" going on in these movements. That they are "not ALL bad." If there is even a little "bad" ...by definition, they are "ALL BAD." They are false prophets.

"Do not be deceived my beloved brethren." (Jas1:16)

"He who has an ear...let him hear."(Rev3:6)

[Top]


[Return] to: "Q/A"